Friday, February 17, 2012

Danby DAR440BL 4.4-Cu.Ft. Designer Compact All Refrigerator

Danby DAR440BL 4.4-Cu.Ft. Designer Compact All Refrigerator Description

Combining a roomier size and optimized storage capacity, Danby's 4.4-Cubic Foot Designer Compact All Refrigerator makes an ideal primary or auxiliary cold-storage unit. The Energy Star-rated refrigerator is loaded with features including a mechanical thermostat, automatic defrost, second generation CanStor beverage dispenser, interior light, and reversible door for left- or right-handed opening. It's also equipped with two full and one half adjustable wire shelves, adjustable door shelves, and space for tall bottle storage. Need to fit a refrigerator into a small space? This model features an integrated door handle and smooth back to easily snuggle into tight spots, while the scratch-resistant top can double as a shelf or work area. Available in white or black; measurements are 20-3/4 inches wide by 21-1/2 inches deep by 33 inches high.

The Danby DAR440W 4.4 Cu. Ft. Designer Compact All Refrigerator, in white, has a scratch resistant work top, a reversible door hinge and a smooth back design for a flush fit against walls. This counter high model makes a perfect addition to the dorm, office or recreation-room. It includes our second generation CanStor beverage dispenser, integrated door shelving and an interior light. With a single door, a simple white finish and an integrated handle, this model has a fresh, tidy look.

Features

  •     4.4-cubic foot counter-height refrigerator with scratch-resistant work top; available in white or black
  •     Energy Star rated; mechanical thermostat and automatic defrost
  •     Second generation CanStor beverage dispenser, 2-1/2 wire shelves, and adjustable door shelving
  •     Integrated door handle; reversible door swing; smooth back design
  •     Measures 20-3/4 inches wide by 21-1/2 inches deep by 33 inches high

This review is from: Danby DAR440W 4.4-Cubic Foot Designer Compact All Refrigerator, White

Five star product, One star packaging., February 2, 2012 By I'll Pay For Quality (Salinas, CA)

Just as many other reviews have stated, the packaging for this refer is very substandard. Having read other reviews before purchasing, I gave the package a good look before accepting delivery. Once the box was open, I noticed two healthy dents at the side/rear. The dents are minor cosmetic, not bad enough to warrant the stress of returning it, but I wouldn't have accepted a dented one if I had a choice.

When I first opened the door, it fell right off. However; the door hinges were easily adjusted with a few light hammer taps, and I'm confident the door won't fall off again.

Otherwise, I really like the functional interior layout. It has nice shelves on the door for canned drinks and no freezer to worry about. It has a high quality look to it. I just hope the people that packaged it are not the same people that built it.

Great little fridge, January 16, 2012 By Ken T. "Ken" (Cartersville, GA.)

After entertaining family and friends over the holiday period, I realised that I could do wth an over-spill fridge. After some on-line research, this little unit from Danby seemed ideal. I particularly wanted a refrigerator with no ice unit as I did not need that and it would just be wasted shelf space.

I got this fridge from Amazon and it was delivered in a couple of days. While the packaging was just the original, manufacturers box and polystyrene, there was no damage and installation (in the garage) was simple - put in place and plug-in.

The fridge quickly chilled (on a mid-setting on the thermostat) and so far (3 weeks) is doing exactly what I need. I keep beers, chilled sodas, wine and occasionally overflow from the main fridge.

The fridge looks good, even in the garage, and if needed I would be happy to have it in a kitchen, office or games room. For the dimensions, it seems to have plenty of room inside with an internal light and beverage can dispensor build into the door.

At $179 (Amazon price at the time of purchase)it seems to be a great value.

Works Well, January 14, 2012 By S. Johnson (New England)
(REAL NAME)

I was worried reading the reviews about the packaging. They were right, I am glad they used plastic strapping to ship. One was broken and bottom cardboard/stryofoam was hanging when it arrived. I expected the worst that it suffered damage. The door hinge was slightly bent which would not allow the door to stay in place, but was fixed easily with a screw driver and a pliers. The cooling cycle was tricky to adjust. It was supposed to be a refrigerator and not a freezer, which is one of the reasons I bought it. The cycle has a wide range of temperatures before the compressor kicks in. I finally got it to do 32-40 degrees, but it took a lot of adjustment, but you get what you pay for. This works for the purpose I intended it for. I would buy again, but I agree, the packaging for shipment could definately be improved.

Great little fridge
, December 30, 2011 By aFriedmanFan

I read a lot of Amazon product specs and reviews before deciding to purchase this model, and it was less expensive through Amazon than the other big box online retailer I looked at. This little fridge is perfect if you don't want a freezer compartment. Our old mini-fridge frequently froze over. It's perfect for an office environment and fits nicely into our cramped kitchen space. I got a big hug after I plugged it in and rolled it under the cabinet. We are very happy with the performance so far and the inside layout design is nice too.

Easy Kegerator Conversion project, October 26, 2011 By David M. Iannotti (Quahog, Rogues Island(RI))
(REAL NAME)

Please see the photos I uploaded for details on a pretty straightforward kegerator conversion. My conversion is geared to homebrewing. 5 gallon batches to two 5 gallon corny kegs. Other commercial kegs should fit( 2 x sixth barrel, 1 x quarter barrel , 1 x slim quarter barrel , 1 x half barrel). Check your own dimensions on this.

You will need

For your work:
Protective eye wear (optional as is being a Darwin award winner)
Drill
Phillips head screw driver to remove door screws
2 1/8" Hole Saw bit to drill the opening on top of the fridge for your draft tower drill slowly )
Weatherproof metal tape to seal exposed insulation
Cheap cutting board or other rigid material to anchor tower (optional)
Utility knife to cut dry erase or other material used to replace inner door moulding.

For your beer:
Draft tower, CO2 tank and regulator, Corny kegs, lines etc. All products available on Amazon)

A digital temp controller is a recommended addition to the finished product example Ranco ETC-111000 )
Cheers!

Great fridge, bad vendor, October 22, 2011 By Jerry (Oklahoma City, OK)

There aren't a lot of compact refrigerators out there in this size, without a freezer. This one also has a built-in light, which is useful and storage for larger items, such as 2 liter bottles. Our unit arrived quickly... maybe too quickly, as it arrived with two large deep dents along the right edge of the door. There is a long story that goes with resolving the problem but I'll go straight to the bottom line. We spent two months emailing the vendor, Price Pros (Texas), to get them to replace the unit or even to ship us another door. They refused to take responsibility for the damage. Action was finally taken only after we requested an RMA number. Even then they did nothing, referring us to the manufacturer. It took another two months for the manufacturer to replace the door.

Plant Manager, October 11, 2011 By Frank Gillette (Los Angeles)
(REAL NAME)

This is a great small fridge with excellent defrost.The pricing is good. I would recommend this Danby for anyones use.

so good!, May 23, 2011 By North Coast Joe (Marblehead, Ohio)

This is a great mini fridge. I was attracted to it for not having a freezer compartment of any sort. I agree with another reviewer, a freezer compartment on this size refrigerator is a nuisance, and only in the way. We use this for beverages and cold snacks in our family/entertainment kitchenette.
I have some minor damage on mine upon receipt . The lower door bracket was bent. I fixed that myself. There is a ding in the right side of the unit, that resembles a BB shot mark, but again, it will be hidden. And the plastic cover over the top hinge bracket is dinged, but not worth sending the unit back to have fixed. I believe the packaging could be better. It seems to have at least two (2) of the three (3) dings having been caused in transit. The BB mark seems to have been there before packaging. I could hear my lower shelf flopping around before I opened the carton. There was no apparent damage from this.. I feel the packaging could be better.
I allowed the fridge to sit upright for over two (2) hour before I turned on the control. It buzzed right up, and reached temperature quite quickly. The unit is very quiet, especially tucked into my kitchen cabinetry as it is.
The inner storage options are nice, if not a bit unique. I haven't put much in it yet, but soon I will. It looks like it will hold a considerable amount of beverages and cold snacks, and still leave some room for slipping in a small cold dish a guest might bring to a get-together.
I only wish it was not made in China, but in the U.S. I think all these size fridges are made overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment