Friday, February 17, 2012

Mini-Rester Water Hammer Arrester (660-TR1)

Mini-Rester Water Hammer Arrester (660-TR1) Description

Sold as each. Tee connection. Uses pressurized cushion of air to absorb the pressure spike. Dual O-ring piston separates the air cushion from the water system to ensure permanent protection from waterlogging. Stops banging pipes. Easy to install. Arresters can be installed vertically, horizontally, or any angle in between. . 3/8" OD. Manufacturer's number: 660-TR1. Country of origin: United States. Distributed by Sioux Chief.

Details

  •     Tee connection
  •     Uses pressurized cushion of air to absorb the pressure spike
  •     Dual O-ring piston separates the air cushion from the water system to ensure permanent protection fr
  •     Stops banging pipes
  •     Easy to install

This review is from: Mini-Rester Water Hammer Arrester (660-TR1)

Jon F., January 6, 2012 By Jonathan Frank "Jon F." (Natick, MA USA)
(REAL NAME)

We installed a new dishwasher a few months back and it works fine. However, when the water supply solenoid swiched on and off it sounded like someone was whacking the kitchen floor with a brick. We tried securing the supply pipe and insulating it from any adjacent wood to no avail. A friend, who is a plumber, mentioned that many new dishwashers have this problem and that we needed a water hammer arrestor. This unit installed in minutes and totally eliminated all of the noise.

Effective, easy to install, but probably not lasting forever, June 16, 2011 By Baihan Li

My main bathroom shower used to make terrible hammering noice when I turned on the water at some point from cold to warm. I installed two mini-resters under the sink, one in the cold water line, the other in the hot water line, and the hammering noice disappeared! The installation was easy. You will need two flexible pipes from Home Depot or Lowe's to replace the rigid copper pipes under the sink in order to make room for the arresters.
I did this 3-4 years ago, and the noice recently came back. So I bought two more through Amazon, a few dollars cheaper than I could get locally, and replaced the older ones. The noice again disappeared! Obviously, this device has a limited life span. I think I can live with that, to replace the arresters every 3-4 years.
But what should I do with the old ones? I don't feel like throwing them away in the trash, because I think they can be easily fixed by replacing the valve inside. I hope there is a recycle program for this.

Works as advertised, just what I was looking for!, January 22, 2011 By eddiejclayton (Hanover, PA)

I had severe water hammer problems with the line going to my dishwasher, I installed this water hammer arrester inline (installation took about 4 minutes) and the water hammer is gone! I would definitely recommend this if you are having water hammer issues with your dishwasher piping. It may not work for extremely severe cases but it worked great for me, feels good knowing that this was made in the U.S.A. as well!

Happy wife, January 20, 2011 By sandhiller

Ever since I installed our new LG dishwasher the cycling valve would close so fast it would make the pipes bang. After alittle research I came across this mini water hammer arrester and thought I'd give it a try. I installed the valve under the sink to the dishwasher water supply line. It was very easy to install. Happy days are here again, no more pipes banging or rattling. I would recommed this product and give it an A because it works, price is reasonable and installation is simple. Just does'nt get any better than that.

easy to install and fixed the water hammer sound problem i had, February 18, 2010 By R W "rw-orders" (Alameda, CA USA)

What more can I say? I took no more than 15 minutes for me to install this inline to my dishwasher water line.

Afterwards, no more clunking water hammer sound. I was amazed!

This version works specifically for the diameter water line it was specified for (3/8"). Inside the unit, which you cannot open up, is a pressurized disc in the long chamber. What this does is when your appliance quickly shuts off, the reverberating water pressure is sent into the arrestor. It pushes up against the disc, acting very much like a shock absorber. Because it functions this way, it prevents your water pipes from bearing the brunt of the pressure and knocking inside the walls.

By the way, having water hammer occurring is not a good thing: it will eventually loosen the pipe fittings and may cause a very expensive leak within your walls that you'll have to tear it down to get at.

I would highly recommend this product. Sioux Chief makes other size water hammer arrestors for other purposes too (like for toilets, washing machines, etc.) They make an arrestor to fit just about any water line you have.

No more hammer from my dishwasher, February 13, 2010 By lapsrus "lapsrus" (Irvine, CA)

This took 5 minutes to install inline on my dishwasher's water supply. Now if I'm in another room, I cannot tell if the water is being turned off. Does what it claims.

even a woman can install it !!!, November 7, 2009 By lady plummer haha (tx)

I recently bought a lg washer and dryer(front loaders) and i too was having really bad water surges.. I looked it up on the web to see how to solve the problem.. found out i needed a water hammer arrestor.. went to lowes bought one for $10.00 came home and installed it,,,WORKS PERFECT,,NO MORE SURGES,, took me about 5 min to install.. great product and would highly recommend to anyone who is having this problem,, HONESTLY i did not even know this problem existed until one day i had the washer on,, pulled out my refrid, to clean behind it and saw my water line to the ice maker jumping when the washer was filling,,,not good for pipes i thought,, so i solved the problem!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment