Friday, February 17, 2012

Danby DAR195BL 1.8 cu.ft. All Refrigerator - Black

Danby DAR195BL 1.8 cu.ft. All Refrigerator - Black Description

The energy efficient Danby Designer(R) counter-top all-fridge offers 1.8 cu. ft. of refrigeration in a convenient, compact space. This model makes a great addition to the student dorm room or home office. It includes Danby's second generation Canstor(R) beverage dispenser, tall bottle storage and a scratch resistant work top to store accessories. 1.8 cu.ft. (51 litre) capacity Color: Black All Refrigerator Reversible door hinge for left and right hand opening Cycle defrost Gen II CanStorTM beverage dispenser holds 5 beverage cans Integrated handle 1 1/2 removable shelves for maximum storage versatility Tall bottle door storage Smooth back design Molded worktop resists scratching Half Shelf, 2L/Gallon Storage Integrated Handle Unit dimensions (17 8/16 x 19 10/16 x 19 11/16) Model #: DAR195BL It's a perfect size for that little nook! Always have something cool to drink nearby!

Danby DAR195BL 1.8 cu.ft. All Refrigerator Manufacturer

The Danby DAR195BL 1.8 Cu. Ft. Designer Compact All Refrigerator, in black, is energy efficient refrigeration in a convenient, compact space. This model makes a great addition to the student dorm room. It includes our second generation CanStor beverage dispenser, tall bottle storage and a scratch resistant work top to store accessories.

Features

  •     1.8 cu.ft. (51 litre) capacity all refrigerator
  •     Reversible door hinge for left and right hand opening
  •     Cycle defrost
  •     Gen II CanStor beverage dispenser holds 5 beverage cans
  •     Integrated handle

This review is from: Danby DAR195BL 1.8 cu.ft. All Refrigerator - Black


Very Nice, February 9, 2012 By John (Fresno, CA, US)

I purchased this for my cubicle. To save on lunch expenses. It does a great job of keeping things cool. I keep sodas, salad, cheese, lean turkey, and carrots in it. I have the temp knob set a little more than half way. It did just frost up and started not cooling I think I left the door open over the weekend. Oops! But I just turned it off and let the coils defrost the pan in the back caught all the water and I soaked it up with about 4 paper towels. Then turned the unit back on. Luckily there was just a couple sodas and my Italian dressing in there at the time. Haven't had any problems since. I do not use the second shelf as it would not allow my salad dressing bottle and taller soda bottles to fit. although I could put them in the door. I purchased a refrigerator temp gauge so I make sure it stays in the refrigerator temp range. It cycles and doesn't make to much noise and a little vibration sitting right behind me on the desk. Once I got used to it I don't notice any more. I asked my cubical mates and they said they hadn't even heard it. One of the reasons I chose this one was the height. It fits on my desk under the built in cabinets. Great to have cold sodas and fresh lunch fixin's handy. Keeps me from being tempted to spend to much on lunch. I would very much recommend this to a friend.

AWESOME!
, February 7, 2012 By CC

This little fridge is awesome! Not only does it have a place for your cans, it holds a bottle as big as a two liter.

Awesome for nursery!, February 7, 2012 By Bear

Been using it for 2 months in the nursery so I don't have to walk to the kitchen every 2 hrs to prepare formula for newborn. The fridge is awesome- very cold, very quiet. Most of the time it makes no noise.
The compartments are very convienent since I store at least 6 5 oz bottles at a time and also a big 32 oz bottle of formula.
It's compact, and I use the top of the fridge as a tabletop to prepare the milk bottles. Love it!

Danby DAR195BL 1.8 cu.ft. All Refrigerator - Black, February 2, 2012 By Chris Foulon (Hallandale, FL United States)

Super happy with this. I have it at my office, underneath my desk. It keeps all my soda perfectly chilled without getting icey!

Great MINI Fridge for your Cubical, January 22, 2012 By NW Shooter "Real Seattle Photographer" (Edmonds, WA USA)

This is a mini fridge that keeps stuff cold and is QUIET. I only noticed a slight mild hum, when I first plugged it in. It keeps stuff cold - there is no obnoxious little pretendo freezer - it is all FRIDGE - definitely has some nice cubby space to put fruit above and not get smashed. I wish it was made in the U.S.A. but I love this fridge. Very happy.

Perform as promised, January 11, 2012 By Luwen "Luwen" (San Gabriel, CA United States)

I purchased this frig for office keeping cream, soda and lunch. I was not too sure how cold and how load this frig will perform. My purchase decision was made based upon the comments posted.

I give this frig 5 star rating based upon the following reasons:
1. It cools down very fast and is able to keep everything cold, better than all the mini frigs I have used. There is a temp adj in the back and mine is at 80% range.
2. No freezer section to take up space, so the two racks are deep enough to fit 12" pizza box. Maybe because no freezer section, temp is very even insidet the frig.
3. It operates quitely. I placed the frig on top of a bookcase about four feet high so there is nothing to block the sound. I am impressed by how low the sound it makes.
4. Energy consumption is estimated at $32 a year which is fairly economical.
5. If there is any improvement I would suggest is the option to configure the soda can holder on the door to regular self so folks can store salad dressing, pickle jar alike items.

If it continues to perform at this level for two more months, I will buy another one for upstairs study at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment